The department has a legacy of illustrious teachers and the taught. It is also a co-terminus with the establishment of the college in 1954. Principal M. G. Bhate was the first principal of the college and head of the department of English. Bhate sir was followed by Dr. S. S. Hoskot, Prof. Ms. Shastri, Prof. Ms. Tumkur, Prof. Zarine Arya, Prof. Ishwar Singh and Dr. B. K. Samal.
Dr. J. S. Mundhe
Dr. M. B. Chavan